Director of Contracts, Dynetics Aerospace, Defense, and Civil Operation - #2646717
The Dynetics Group of Leidos is seeking a Director of Contracts for our Aerospace, Defense, and Civil Operation the leadership and management of the Contracts function and staff for Dynetics subsidiary within the Dynetics Group. This resource will act as the primary interface with the Operation Manager for all Contracts related inquiries, managing the staff resources, as well as the managing the budget across the organization.
Aerospace, Defense and Civil operations supports weapons development, Advance R&D in flight systems, AI applied to force and battle management, missions systems and platform cyber, space systems, and threat exploitation and spectrum warfare.
- Lead a team of contracting professionals responsible for the oversight and evaluation of major proposals, monitoring major contracts/subcontractors, lead or assist in key negotiations, resolve performance issues, identify risks and associated mitigations, ensure compliance with Leidos policies, procedures as well as government and contract requirements.
- Act as the primary interface to the Aerospace, Defense, and Civil Operations Manager and Division Managers.
- Provide the professional development of the Operations contracts organization including recruitment, career development, objective setting, and individual performance management.
- Negotiate commercial contracts and coach other staff on negotiating terms.
- Provide mentoring, advice and counsel to Group counterparts and Contracts staff.
- Establish measurement and functional performance goals for staff to include career development, recruiting and staff retention provide regular feedback, and conduct performance reviews.
- Regularly interact with programs, contracts, project control, finance, business development and with customers as required.
- Work with the other Operations Contract Directors within the Group.
- Attend early capture sessions to determine specific information and requirements in order to apply the correct contracts/subcontracts skills, techniques, methods and resources for the group thus meeting Leidos’ as well as the customer’s expectations and objectives.
- Develops or reviews prime contract flow-down documents to ensure compliance with prime contract requirements and to minimize company liability.
- Support internal/external audit activities and data request from internal / external customers.
- Focus on development and training of staff.
Requires a BA/BS OR equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge within government contracts and subcontracts arenas with particular emphasis on proposal support.
- Familiarity with US Government Research and Development (R&D) contracting, from fundamental research and early TRL stages through transition to production. Experience in developing creative business models.
- Excellent negotiation skills, including experience negotiating complex terms and conditions.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience supervising OR leading teams.
- Must have experience with all contract types (fixed price, including fixed price development, and cost plus contracts) and a working knowledge of FAR/DFAR.
- Experience with commercial contracts, including sales of commercial hardware and software products, with particular emphasis on Intellectual Property terms.
- Experience with international contracting, including thorough understanding of trade compliance laws and regulations.
- Experience with non-disclosure agreements and teaming agreements.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with executive management and staff regarding Contracts with high degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Strong collaborative skills with the proven ability to build strong relationships internally and within the Leidos community.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and self-confident disposition with the ability to act with urgency and an ability to anticipate and respond quickly to business requirements.
- Strong organizational skills in order to maintain a high level of productivity and priority-setting in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Proven team player approach with experience managing, mentoring, and leading teams.
- Proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint.
- Experience with IT services is a plus.
Work location for this position will be in Huntsville, AL with telework days available based on the candidates experience.
- Candidate must possess a broad understanding of current major NASA and DOD programs.
- Candidate must have experience in working with senior government customers across defense, intelligence and civilian agencies.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.